Thursday 11 May 2017

Pretending to be a grownup





skirt - Missguided
boots - Gamiss
coat - Rosegal




shirt - Rosegal
trousers - Gamiss
heels - Primark
bag - Zara

Dressing up is one of my favourite things to do, so it's convenient that my wardrobe doubles as my costume department.

Whether it's travelling on public transport, conversing with work colleagues or at the self-service checkout, there is always an element of pretend.

Adulthood is something I expected to just happen. I used to look at people in their early twenties and thought that they must know what they're doing, that something must have clicked.

I thought that my internal monologue would change when I reached that point, instructing me what to do now I was a real true fully fledged grownup.

Instead, I find that as much as I dress up in "grownup" clothing and perform "grownup" tasks, I know that it's something that's never going to come naturally.

Lucky that I've got that drama GCSE.

Do you think that you'll ever really grow up?

xxx
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I can totally relate to what you said there! I'm 23 yet still unable to see myself as a grownup. Despite how I dress, I sometimes still act like I'm in my teens LOL

    yanrula x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous outfits! I absolutely adore your style Georgia :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just turned 30 and I still feel like I'm waiting for that to happen and I'm just playing at being grown up, haha! You look amazing in both these outfits, I especially love the first one :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg you look amazing, I love both outfits but the first the coat makes the outfit, I love dressing up but I never feel i'm really grown up, I think because the thought of "adult life" hasn't kicked in yet x

    S x
    SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, love it! ♥
    Maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will never grow up. And that, I think, is the secret to staying young. I mean, be mature and stuff-- but I think "grownup" a lot of the time just means "tired" --honestly-- we will never reach that point where we will know what we are doing. We just have to push through regardless--basically pretending until we get something right. It's fiiiinne, it will be just fine. After all, we are in our early 20's ;)
    LOVE that black and white blouse in second photo. I actually want it.

    http://cynicalduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum often reminds me that everyone is winging it and no one really feels grown up, which is encouraging and takes the pressure off - like you, I always thought it would just click one day! I love these outfits, it's amazing how put-together a trench coat can make you feel :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool pictures dear you look amazing..
    Regards
    Shopafford.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments and will read and reply to every one <3

© Teandtwosugars
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig